- SVQ Level 2 in Horticulture (SCQF Level 5)
- SVQ Level 3 in Amenity Horticulture
- HNC in Horticulture (SCQF Level 7)
- PDA in Garden Centre Operations
- PDA Worplace Assessment Using Direct & Indirect Methods (SCQF Level 8)
- PDA Internal Verification of Workplace Assessment (SCQF Level 8)
PDA in Garden Centre Operations
This Professional Development Award has been designed for existing garden centre staff who require to increase their knowledge on the use and care of a wide range of products, plants and goods, together with an introduction to customer care and merchandising.
Garden Centre: Retailing Skills,
Plant Identification; Selection and Use,
Planting and Aftercare,
Plant Protection; Nutrition and Care,
Tools; Equipment and Sundries.
Four separate blocks of one-week duration during the late
autumn and winter period.
Furtherance of career in Garden Centre work. Often used by employers as a pre-entry requisite to the HTA Plantcare Award.
Candidates must be employed within the Garden Centre Industry.
Possible progression to HTA Plantcare Award.