announcement by the Scottish Government and to ensure
effective targeting of resources the eligibility criteria for ILA has been refined and will come into effect from 1 July
Current eligibility criteria for ILA Scotland 200 account applications:
· must be 16 years old or over
· must be ordinarily resident in Scotland
· must have an income of £22,000 a year or less, or in receipt of benefits.
Additional criteria to be applied to applicants as of 1 July 2012:
· must not hold a UK degree (or overseas equivalent)
· must not be undertaking any form of full-time or part-time secondary, further or higher education
· must not be participating on any National Training Programme (Modern Apprenticeships, Get Ready for Work or Training for Work).