- LANTRA Forklift Truck - Rough Terrain Telescopic - ILA approved
- LANTRA Brushcutters & Trimmers (2-day)
- Safe Use of Mowers
- LANTRA Tractor Operation
- OAT Vehicle & Trailer Training
- LANTRA All Terrain Vehicle Operation
- LANTRA Stump Grinders - ILA approved
- LANTRA Sit-in ATV Conventional Steered/Tracked/Multi-wheeled
- OAT Pedestrian Operated Mowers Options: Cylinder, Rotary & Flail
- NPTC Landbased Machine
- NPTC Landbased Machine Maintenance
- Tractor and Backhoe
- OAT Brushcutters/Trimmers Inexperienced
LANTRA All Terrain Vehicle Operation
ATV Operation courses are offered for both sit in & sit astride ATVs. They are designed for new operators as well as experienced operators. All courses are Lantra Certificated. Please note that Lantra ATV certification is valid for 5 years and then needs to be updated. Candidates MUST be at least 16 years old
The 1-day course is for experienced operators with a minimum of 5 years regular ATV use or those who require to update their skills to ensure that operators are at the necessary standard for certification/re-certification.
The 2-day course for operators, who use or will be using an ATV, who wish to be certificated in the safe use of ATV.
Knowledge & Understanding
- Legal requirements
- Safe driving techniques
- Potential dangers of driving on rough terrain and slopes
- Function of controls
- Daily maintenance routines
- Pre-start checks
- Driving an ATV around a specified course
- Driving an ATV on slopes
- Driving an ATV with trailer
- Safe parking
- Cleaning and checking
The maximum number of candidates per course ranges from 2 - 6 depending on the course & level of experience.
Please contact the college on 01506 864807.
What to Bring
Helmet (BS 6658: 1985) Eye Protection if not fitted to helmet, strong boots with good grip & ankle support, protective gloves & a jacket suitable for the weather conditions. Please also bring a passport size photograph for certification purposes.
£250 for 2 day course